An Old Proverb said “History can shape our future”. We are definitely agree with the relevance between past and future time. What you see on Jakarta in the old time play the biggest part of Jakarta today. Lucky for you, now we can show you an ‘evidence’ of glorious Jakarta in the old time, in a place called Jakarta Old Town.
Jakarta Old Town or Kota Tua is a place that surrounded by old building which built on Dutch colonial era around 16th century. The old building has wonderful structure, architecture, and you can see it blend with modern touch.
You can visit some of those building because it has function as a museum or restaurant, such as Bank of Indonesia Museum, Indonesia Puppet Museum (Wayang Museum Jakarta), Fine Arts and Ceramics Museum, The Red Store (Toko Merah Jakarta), Café Batavia, et cetera. The rest are other building which still privately owned and become office building, so they are unable to visit.
But, cannot visit does not mean you cannot see, right?
In Jakarta Old Town Tour, we will help you to reminisce the old vibe around Jakarta Old Town.
- We will walk around big canal that had important role in the old time
- We will visit some interesting museum that will help you know better about Indonesian and its spices history
- We will stroll around Jakarta Old Town Square where you can taste local foods, traditional ice drink, popsicles, Jakarta street food, and everything!
On our city tour, all you need to prepare is a happy feet to explore and a big heart to understand real part of Jakarta. Do not worry about Jakarta’s sun heat, we will treat you FREE coconut milk popsicle!
Price : 49 Euro per person
Duration : 4 hours
Type of Tour : Walking Tour with Jakarta Private Tour Guide
Meeting point : Guest Pickup around Central Jakarta
1. Guest Pickup (around Central Jakarta)
2. All Public Transportation Round-trip Ticket
3. All Museum Entrance Tickets
4. Snacks and Mineral Water During The Tour (snack options depends on availability)
5. Jakarta Travel Guide Service
Not Included : Meals, Personal Expenses, Private Transportation
Bonus : Asemka Market Visit (Wholesale Souvenir Market)